Student Portal Login Support – Please Click Here 


Do you provide the Senior First Aid Course?
Yes. The course we offer is Provide First Aid this was formally known as Apply First Aid or Senior First Aid. Provide First Aid HLTAID003 is the current and correct name for the course.

Is CPR included in the Provide First Aid Courses?
Yes. HLTAID001 Provide CPR, HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support and HLTAID003 Provide First Aid all form part of this course.

How often do I have to complete / update my First Aid skills?
It is recommended that you complete Provide First Aid every 3 years. The CPR component of this course is recommended to be completed annually (12 Months) The Childcare & Education Training HLTAID004 is recommended to be every 3 years along with CPR component annually. (All Safetywave Provide First Aid Courses are included in this training)

I own/manage a business and my staff require First Aid and CPR Training – will you come to my business after hours?
Yes. Safetywave trainers are very flexible. We can come to you on any day and at a time that suits you. Please contact our office to discuss options that best suit you. 1300 662 156

When will I get my certificate?
Your certificate will e uploaded to your Student Portal  once the course has been processed by our administration team, providing we have any requested exams completed, payment and your USI has been verified.  In the event you require your certificate urgently just speak with the trainer or contact our office. All certificates are processed within 7 business days.

I work in child care I need the current child care course that covers Asthma and Anaphylaxis as well, do you have this?
Yes, the current course we offer is HLTAID004 this includes Provide first aid HLTAID003, CPR HLTAID001.  This course incorporates Asthma & Anaphylaxis. This is valid for 3 years. This unit of competency has been approved by ACECQA and meets the requirements of & First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis http://www.acecqa.gov.au/

Safetywave also run a CPR with Asthma and Anaphylaxis refresher course once per month in Nambour and Tewantin. https://www.safetywave.com.au/course-dates


I work for a company and our staff require Fire Extinguisher Training, will you come to our business to provide the training?
Yes, our Safetywave trainers are very flexible. We can come to you on any day and at a time that suits you. We offer both accredited and non accredited courses, with and without Live fire. We have may options including Fire Warden, General Evacuation and First Response Training. Please contact our office to discuss options that best suit you. 1300 662 156

How often do I need to update my Fire Safety Training? 

Fire Safety Adviser is to be updated every 3 years.

Fire Warden And Fire Extinguisher Training is every 12 months


How do I know if I need to do a Work Health & Safety Representative or a Cert IV in WHS course?
The HSR course is for workers that have been nominated by their colleges to be the safety representative in their workplace. Nominated reps work for their colleges and report to their manager or Safety Officer.  They are required to complete the HSR 5 day course within 3 months of being nominated if a course is available.

The Cert IV in WHS course is for participants who wish to be a Safety Officer in their business/role applying solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others. Previously known as Cert 4 in OHS.


Where are your public courses held?
We currently have courses at the Nambour Community Centre, 2 Shearer St and at the Noosa U3A, Tewantin 34 Poinicana Ave. (on the corner of Poinciana Ave and Mornidal St.) Gympie, St Johns Place ( Corner of  Duke & Pine Streets) We hold our Safety and Fire training courses in Maroochydore.

What are Training Providers?
Training Providers work for Safetywave to provide training. Safetywave deal with the day-to-day administration of an RTO including booking and managing customers and allows the licenced partner to promote locally and deliver the quality training. We currently have providers in Buderberg – Wide Bay and Kingaroy – South Burnett areas.

What is USI – (Unique Student Identifier) and do I need it?
Yes, Anyone doing a Nationally Recognised Course requires a USI to obtain a Statement of Attainment.

USI is a data base held by the Government that will hold all your records for courses that you complete by an RTO Registered Training Organisation.  For more information or to obtain a USI visit www.usi.gov.au

How old do I have to be to complete any of your courses?
Participants must be 14 years or older.


Course Locations

1300 662 156

Postal Address
PO Box 4813, SCMC, QLD 4560
Admin Office
Nambour, QLD 4560

ABN : 38 773 026 617


Monday: 9am – 2pm
Tuesday: 9am – 2pm
Wednesday: 9am – 2pm